It is my pleasure to invite you to Oikos Evening: an evening that focuses on one thing – building marriages and empowering couples. Couples/Families from all parishes are welcome!
The evening will include a delicious home-cooked meal at 4:30 followed by a brief talk; then time for couples to discuss the presentation together privately as a couple; concluding with adoration in the church and done by 7:00 p.m.
We hope that a nice dinner and your children lovingly cared for will give you and your spouse an opportunity to meet with other couples and to enjoy excellent presentations. Make it a date night and please join us on the dates listed below. You don’t have to cook, clean up, or even find a babysitter. You and your children can be home by 7:30 p.m. to have some family time together before bedtime.
Your RSVP by would be greatly appreciated to secure dinner seating and childcare spots.
Sabina Cappello Lee
Marriage & Family Life Director
Top 10 reasons to attend Oikos Evenings for Couples:
1. It’s free! Delicious homemade dinner and childcare are all free! Donations are always welcome but not emphasized.
2. Dinner is prepared (free) – no cooking or clean up necessary for the couples to attend.
3. Childcare is provided (free) – no hassle trying to secure a babysitter.
4. It begins at 4:30 p.m. and ends at 7:00 p.m. Easy for families to get home early so that kids are not tired and not out so late that bedtime routines can’t be kept.
5. It provides excellent speakers on salient topics for couples regarding marriage and family life.
6. It provides one on one couple time following the presentation.
7. It provides fellowship to get to know other couples and families.
8. It closes with Eucharistic ADORATION most often with incense and live music for meditation.
9. Invest time in your marriage.
10. Make it a date every month to come to Oikos.
Save the dates:
October 12th, 2013 January 11th, 2014 April 12th,2014
November 9th, 2013 February 1st, 2014 May 3rd, 2014
December 7th, 2013 March 1st, 2014