1. Principal’s Corner
Dear OLMC Community,
I hope that you have all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break filled with joy and time with your loved ones. We look forward to welcoming the students back on Monday.
I want to thank the Dad’s Club for hosting Movie Night on Saturday the 18th. It was a wonderful evening out under the stars sharing time with the community and welcoming the Christmas season.
This Friday is a First Friday half-day. Students may wear OLMC spirit shirts and navy jeans or jean shorts.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic School
FYI: Blue underlined text is a clickable link. Follow it for more information on a listing.
- First Friday Early Release – Spirit/Jeans Day Dress
Friday, December 1, 2017
- How to Afford a Catholic Education
Thursday, December 7, 2017
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- First Annual St. Nick Breakfast
Sunday, December 10, 2017
10-11:30 a.m., McCready Hall
- Deadline to submit entries for Festival Logo Design Contest
Monday, December 11, 2017
3. Parent Action Items
⇒Check out NEW Bonus/Overstock deals on FFT just in time for Christmas shopping
⇒Encourage your students to enter the 2018 Festival Logo Design Contest
⇒Don’t forget the batteries this Christmas! Battery sales during FFT hours
⇒Pick up some See’s Holiday Candy during FFT hours
⇒Register for the Dad’s Club Annual Casino Night
⇒Share the Falcon Fund-a-Need link with friends of OLMC
⇒Volunteerto help out on campus or from home
⇒Update your previous Safe Environment Training with thisvideo
⇒Order FFT cards at olmctempe.info or in person T/Th/F 7:45-8:45 a.m. or 2:30-3:30 p.m.
4. 2018 Festival Logo Design Contest
Attention all OLMC Students…the 2018 Parish Festival needs your help to design a logo once again for the upcoming festival on April 21, 2018.
The theme for the upcoming Parish Festival will be Mt. Carmel Fiesta!
We are asking the students of OLMC once again to submit a design. The chosen design will be used as a logo on the festival T-Shirts, souvenir cups and all of our festival related items.
The top 3 entries will receive prizes:
Winning Entry – Festival T-Shirt & Ride Wrist Band, 1st Runner-Up – Festival T-Shirt, 2nd Runner-Up – Festival T-Shirt
- All designs must be drawn by hand
- No computer generated designs will be considered
- Designs should be completed on plain white paper
- Write your name and classroom on the back of the design
- One entry per studentAll entries must be turned into the School Office by:
3:30 p.m. on Monday December 11, 2017
On behalf of the OLMC Parish, School and Family, thank you for helping make this year’s festival a success!
Thank you ~ The 2018 OLMC Festival Committee 2018 OLMC Festival ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
5. FFT: ShopWithScrip
Do your Christmas shopping and meet your FFT/TRIP minimums with ShopWithScrip!
While you always have the option of purchasing physical gift cards through the office during FFT hours, you can also have the convenience of purchasing scrip on-the-go with ShopWithScrip! There are three different mobile ways to purchase scrip:
1) ScripNow – you can literally order cards while you are in the store shopping
2) ReloadNow – register your gift cards, and then you can reload using PrestoPay
3) Reload – after you register your cards, you can reload using PrestoPay
To register for ShopWithScrip, follow these easy steps:
1) Register at: http://www.shopwithscrip.com
2) OLMC code: email Cindy @ email@example.com for your code
3) Set up PrestoPay (like Sure Pay). The fee per transaction is $0.15, whether you buy $10 or $5,000 / 1 item or 20 items.
4) After your PrestoPay is set up, they will do 2 test deposits to verify the account, which can take 3-5 business days.
5) When the verification is complete, you will get an email to log back in and complete the registration.
6) When you have successfully completed the registration, you will be emailed a code.
7) Forward your code to Cindy Younger firstname.lastname@example.org for final approval.
8) Start shopping!