1. PRINCIPAL’S CORNER
Dear OLMC Community,
I hope you are enjoying this long weekend with your family. As I have mentioned in the past, we are fortunate to have so many volunteers help us out when in need. With that being said, we could really use some assistance in the following areas:
The Father/Daughter Dance is quickly approaching and we have few volunteers. This is one of those events the girls just love!! Let’s give Dad the night off to focus on his little girl or girls and volunteer to make this event great. Below is the link to sign up.
- Chairman for Games & Booths
- Book Sale Chairperson
- Sno-cone, popcorn and ice cream chair
You do not have to have any experience to fill one of these positions. There will be assistance for you. Additionally, you will meet so many fellow parents and parishoners you will be glad you signed up to chair!
We will kick off preparations for this year’s festival, “Connect With Us”, this coming week by selling t-shirts before and after school beginning Thursday, February 21st. These t-shirts may be worn for Spirit Day. Please visit the festival website for information concerning the live and silent auction, rides, and entertainment.
There is no school on Monday due to President’s Day.
We will be hosting a Catholic book fair in the library on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please stop by and purchase some books!
On Sunday, February 24thafter the 9am and 11am Masses, we will be hosting a Kindergarten and Preschool Open House for parishioners and anyone interested in attending OLMC and would like more information. If you know someone interested in the preschool or kindergarten, please encourage them to attend.
Have a restful weekend!
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic School
2. CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
FYI: Blue underlined text is a clickable link. Follow it for more information on a listing.
- No School-President’s Day
Monday, February 18, 2019
- Catholic Book Fair
Tuesday-Wednesday, February 19-20, 2019
- JPII Young Philosopher’s Club Meeting (grades 6-8)
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
3:15-4:30 p.m., 7B
- Festival Sign Up Genius Goes Live
Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Deadline to submit Yearbook Messages
Friday, February 22, 2019
- Dad’s Club Annual Father-Daughter Dance
Saturday, February 23, 2019
- Kindergarten & Preschool Open House
Sunday, February 24, 2019
After 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. Masses
- Festival Kickoff “Coffree”
Friday, March 1, 2019
7:30-8:30 a.m., McCready Hall
- Early Release – First Friday
Friday, March 1, 2019
- Deadline to register for Mother-Son Kickball
Friday, March 1, 2019
3. PARENT ACTION ITEMS
⇒Sign up to help with the Father-Daughter Dance
⇒Purchase tickets for the annual Father-Daughter Dance
⇒Submit messages to the Yearbook
⇒Shop the Catholic Book Fair
⇒Register for the first ever Mother-Son Kickball event
⇒Visit the school website for everything about the OLMC Festival, “Connect with Us”
⇒Clean out those closets for the Used Uniform sale
⇒Invite families to the Kindergarten & Preschool Open House
⇒Apply for scholarships
- Apply for the 2018-19 TOPS Scholarship
- Apply for the remaining Scholarship Applications for 2018-19
- Get started on 2019-20 Scholarship Applications
⇒Subscribe to OLMC School’s Flocknote
⇒Click the links in the side bar to learn more about diocesan Catholic high schools
⇒Encourage 4-8th graders who need homework help to attend Learning Labs
⇒Volunteer to help out on campus or from home
⇒Contribute to and share the Falcon Fund-a-Need Campaign with friends of OLMC
4. FATHER-DAUGHTER DANCE
The Dad’s Club still needs help with setting up, checking in, providing snacks, replenishing refreshments and cleaning up at the end of the evening to make the dance a success. Please click here for the Dance sign up genius.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased in the office with this form. Entry prices are now $40/couple and $10/each additional daughter.
The new Red Carpet event begins at 5:00 p.m. Music and entertainment will be provided from 6:30-9:00 p.m. Snacks and refreshments will also be provided. Please see the form for more details and to purchase tickets. Please contact Rick Wells or Charles Armstrong at email@example.com with questions or to volunteer.
5. FFT NEWS
Payless Shoe Source is closing its doors, but you can take advantage of their liquidation sales by liquidating the FFT Payless inventory! Remember to use up any remaining Payless gift cards you have, and/or stop by to pick up what’s left of the FFT cards in the office.
$20 cards @ 13%
2019 OLMC FESTIVAL “CONNECT WITH US”
Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Read up on Festival service hour requirements and how sign ups work
- Updated: Sign up to become a Festival Lead
- Complete or renew your Safe Environment Certification
- Click here to obtain or renew your Food Handler’s Card.
- Email Festival Chairman, Jamon Reval, with additional questions.
FESTIVAL SIGN UP GENIUS GOES LIVE FEBRUARY 21
*Check that your email address is current in RenWeb to make sure you receive the signup genius email this week.*
Every family is required to work a minimum of 6 hours for the Festival.
- 2 hours may be completed prior to Festival Week
- 4 hours must be completed during Festival Week
Each family has been assigned a Family ID, which went home in Festival packets last week. You need your Family ID to sign up for all volunteer positions on the sign up genius. The official festival volunteer signup genius is scheduled to go live this Thursday, February 21, 2019.
For additional questions or concerns, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Ashley Hall.
FESTIVAL KICKOFF COFFREE – MARCH 1ST
Stop by the Festival Kickoff Coffree on Friday, March 1st!
Open during the 7:30-8:30 a.m. hour in McCready Hall.
Enjoy free coffee, doughnuts, community, and:
- Bring your Festival Pre-Sale Form to purchase t-shirts, cups, tickets, and wristbands.
- Register for the first ever Mother-Son Kickballevent being held Saturday, March 16th.
- Purchase and/or donate to the Used Uniform Sale
- Listen to Guest Speaker, Dr. Shewbridge, on the topic of our Shea Grant, “Invest in our Future”.