1. PRINCIPAL’S CORNER
Dear OLMC Families,
Conference slips went home this past week. Please make sure you return the form to your child’s teacher by Tuesday. Confirmation of conference times will be sent home on Thursday. Conferences will take place October 31-November 2. Please remember each of those days is a half-day for the students. The children will be dismissed at 12:30.
Trunk or Treat will take place next Saturday, October 27th. There will be food trucks for snacks or dinner, and these trucks only accept cash. There will also be music, face painting by the 7thgraders, and the Faith Formation Committee will have crafts for the children.
Thank you so much for all of the candy donations for Trunk or Treat. We had 100% school participation in the candy donation, so everyone will receive a popsicle treat on Thursday to celebrate. In addition, those classes who had 100% participation of their own have earned a Spirit Jeans Day for this Friday, October 26th. Check out this list to see if your class earned the jeans day. (If your class is not on the list, please dress in your regular uniform on Friday.) The big winners were from KB, Mrs. Montanez’s class, who earned the jeans day and an ice cream social with their donation of 49 bags of candy!
For those of you who have students in grades 6-8, please be aware that the Catholic high schools open houses are approaching. If you have never attended an open house at one of our Catholic high schools, it is a fantastic opportunity for you and your student(s) to tour the school, get information on academic, co-curricular and faith formation programs, and speak with school personnel to answer any questions you may have.
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School
2. CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
FYI: Blue underlined text is a clickable link. Follow it for more information on a listing.
- Deadline to register trunks for Trunk or Treat
Monday, October 22, 2018
- Deadline for All Saints/All Souls Photos
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- Early Dismissal – Candy Winners Spirit Day
Friday, October 26, 2018
- Trunk or Treat
Saturday, October 27, 2018
3:30-5:00 p.m., OLMC School Fields
- Picture Retakes
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Book Fair (cash or credit only)
Tuesday-Friday, October 30-November 2, 2018
8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Early Dismissal – First Semester Conferences
Wednesday-Friday, October 31-November 2, 2018
12:30 p.m. Dismissal. Conferences to follow at appointment times.
- No School Mass – Regular Uniform Dress
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
- School Mass-Solemnity of All Saints-Mass Dress
Thursday, November 1, 2018
- How to Afford a Catholic Education
Thursday, November 8, 2018
5:30-7:00 p.m., OLMC School Library
- A Taste of Kindergarten
Monday, November 12, 2018
3. PARENT ACTION ITEMS
⇒Showcase your trunk & join us for OLMC’s first ever Trunk or Treat
⇒Include your family and friends’ pictures in the All Saints/All Souls Billboard
⇒Donate food items to the SVdP Annual Thanksgiving Collection
⇒Stock up on books at the Book Fair (cash or credit only)
⇒Click the links in the side bar to learn more about diocesan Catholic high schools
⇒Read up on changes to logging in to Renweb
⇒Send your used uniforms in to the office for November’s sale
⇒Stay up-to-date with Scholarship Applications for 2018-19
⇒Check out Bonus/Overstock FFT Deals
⇒Complete or renew your Safe Environment Certification
⇒Subscribe to OLMC School’s Flocknote
⇒Encourage 4-8th graders who need homework help to attend Learning Labs
⇒Volunteer to help out on campus or from home
⇒Contribute to and share the Falcon Fund-a-Need Campaign with friends of OLMC
4. TRUNK OR TREAT
It’s finally here! This weekend all OLMC Catholic School families are invited to attend the first-ever “Trunk-or-Treat”!
Date: Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018
Place: Designated areas of the OLMC Catholic School Playground
This is a safe, community event where children may collect candy from the trunks of creatively decorated cars. This event will also feature biblically-centered crafts and food trucks to purchase snacks and dinner.
Join in the festivities
All OLMC families are invited to trick or treat; however, if you’d like to really join in the festivities, you can volunteer to participate in the following ways.
- Sign up to host with your trunk.
- Sign up to help the OLMC Dad’s Club with the event.
- Dad’s Club Sign Up Genius
Trunk or Treat Feast
Come hungry and cash-in-hand to the Trunk or Treat!
Food trucks on-site will include:
- Kona Ice
- TziKii Food Truck
*100% School Participation*
Popsicles for everyone on Thursday, October 25th
*Spirit Jeans Day Dress Winners*
These classes had 100% participation in the Candy Drive and won a Jeans Day this Friday, October 26th.
Congratulations to KB, Mrs. Montanez’s class! With their donation of 49 bags of candy, they won both a jeans day and an ice cream social!
5. NOVEMBER EVENTS
Beginning these final weeks of October and into November, OLMC will be abuzz with activity. Here are a few things we’re looking forward to.
- All Saints/All Souls Billboard
- Remember by Wednesday, October 24th to send your photos in to the office or by email to Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book Fair
- Arrive early or stay late after your conference to check out the book fair in the library. Cash or credit only please.
- 10/30-11/2. 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- First Semester Conferences
- Turn in appointment forms to teachers.
- Attend conferences 10/31-11/2 by appointment.
- Early dismissal (12:30 p.m.) 10/31-11/2 for all students.
- Solemnity of All Saints – Holy Day of Obligation
- Note the mass change from Wednesday to Thursday to observe the holy day.
- Annual St. Vincent de Paul Thanksgiving Food Collection going on now.
- Please consult this list to find out which food items your student can donate.
- Collection ends Friday, November 9th.
- How to Afford a Catholic Education
- Thursday, November 8
- Taste of Kindergarten
- Monday, November 12
- Coffree/Used Uniform Sale
- Missed the uniform sale this week? Join us for “coffree” before school for community and to pick up uniform pieces you need to finish out the semester.
- Friday, November 16